Saturday 24 January 2009

i'm too old for this shit

I went to the Big Day Out yesterday. I had a free media pass with access to my own bar and real toilets, so I thought it wouldnt be too painful.

How very wrong I was.

I must be extremely allergic to severe sun, severe nationalism, heterosexual 'Aussie' blokes, overpriced cans of beer, crowds, wankers, excessive police presence, popular fashion etc.

I think I had a wee panic attack of sorts. Maybe it was just heat stroke. I wasn't even drinking. I thought I was going to throw up. Could of had something to do with the guy haemmoraging blood from his arsehole. An image I can't get out of my head now. Or The Living End. I don't know.

Anyway, I think that's it for me and the BDO. Unless The Beatles reform and headline.

The highlight of the day was seeing Black Kids perform. Uber fun. Also, standing near this guy in the bar queue. Awesome.



Maybe I am just a massive hermit party pooper. Everyone else seemed to be having the time of their life. Why couldn't I enjoy myself like they were? What's wrong with me?

Why am I so 'unaustralian'? I really hate nationalism. I hate seeing white people wearing flags, hats, shoes, t-shirts and tats with australia flags and southern crosses on them. urgh. It's so aggressive and threatening. What are they so proud of? How are they better than others just because of the country they were born in?

Why are music festivals a platform for nationalism? Australia Day is in two days time. I am not looking forward to it.

1 comment:

maeve said...

when you said 'wee panic', i thought you meant you had a urine-related emergency. like you kept needing to go to the toilet. my name's maeve and i am an intellectual.

Related Posts with Thumbnails