Saturday 17 January 2009

new years resolutions

I hate new years resolutions. It's like they are destined to fail, and take you with them, flailing madly down into a deflated heap in the gutter. Depressed and dejected, full of self loathing and self pity. Pathetic.

I never learnt how to either follow something through or just let it all go and move on. Here's to another year of failed dreams and a miserable, meaningless existence!

So without further ado - I present to all and sundry, with the entire internets as my witness - my 2009 new years resolutions.

1. SAVE MONEY - This means not buying useless, unnecessary crap in the forms of clothes, shoes, take away food, cd's, dvd's, etsy purchases that seemed like a good idea at the time, etc etc etc. This will require making my own breakfast, lunch and dinner.
*Exception - bookclub books and developing film.
GOAL - Saving up for a much needed European holiday in August. Berlin and Sweden here we come.

2. BE LESS SEDENTARY - (i.e get off your lazy arse and get thee to a gymmery.) I have the membership, I am paying good money for it so in order to not stab resolution #1 in the heart, I have to use it. Let's aim for a minimum of 3 times a week and see if we can't raise that number eh?! And try not to spend your alone time lazing on the couch watching foxtel.
GOAL - To not be puffed after walking up the stairs to my apartment.

3. TRY HARDER - at work, at home, with friends and family, with myself. Don't be so lazy - do the dishes, the laundry, make the bed, put away my shit. File stuff. REGULARLY! Work more efficiently, learn more and don't take things so personally. Call people before they call me. Go to the gym. Save harder. Don't let food go to waste. Be more positive. Blog more. Take more photos. Finish things. Try harder to be motivated. Try harder to be a good person.
GOAL - To achieve all three resolutions!


3 comments:

maeve said...

i have a saving tip i used for my overseas trip saving. every time you want to buy something frivolous you can, IF you are able to put the exact same amount in your savings account. (if you don't have a savings account, open one. interest = good.) so if you want a $50 dress, fine, but $50nin savings at the same time. if you can't, no pretty dress.

Sara said...

Maevey baby that is brilliant! i love it! good strategy. will do it for sure!

Phil and Amanda said...

Did you find your old derwents pencils? They are not here. I was going to check at the farm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails