Saturday 13 March 2010

Swaptastic adventures in the craftmosphere

Is it crazy to spend 20 minutes sewing tiny pieces of felt onto wool in order to create one length of present sized celebratory gift wrapping ribbon bunting?

Not if you have a cat, it isn't.

But this bunting was destined for greater things than Montalbano's amusement. Celebrating my very first swap, this bunting adorned my screen printed Dolly Parton tea towels in the Wash The Dishes, Dry The Dishes swap hosted by Sooz.

How much fun are swaps? SO MUCH FUN! Whilst it was rather nerve wracking sending something I had made out into the craftmosphere, fear of disappointing people with my design and lack of screen printing skills was overcome by the excitement of finally finishing a project I had started (with the usual good intentions/grand delusions) back in 2008. Thank you so much Sooz for hosting this swap! Yay for finishing a project! Yay for my mum helping me finish said project by hemming the cotton! Yay for handmade gifts! Yay for awesome tea towels!

Here's what I made:

 
I'll be sure to post images of all the amazing tea towels I receive in exchange for mine when the postman finally delivers them all. If I'm not too busy in the kitchen that is, drying things. Then wetting things so I can dry them again. With my awesome tea towels. GLEE!

Since my first swap was so much fun - I'm entering another. This time it's hosted by Kate from Foxs Lane. Can I just take a moment to gush about Kate? She's so cussing cool. I want to be her when I "grow up", or if I was Single White Female inclined, steal her gorgeous family, eat all her organically grown vegetables and delight in her craftiness. But lucky for her I'm far too lazy to embark on such a mission. 

Kate is organising a pin cushion swap - you have until Monday morning to enter so if you're up for it - go forth and enter now!

Also - if you haven't already commented, don't forget that you have 6 more days to enter my 100th Blog Post Celebratory Giveaway!




9 comments:

small forest said...

You have totally outdone yourself and anything I could ever hope to achieve!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the teatowels!
You absolutely rock!!!!
And to Dolly Parton it seems.

Sara said...

Ooh the teeny bunting again, I love it!- the parcels look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

That screen print is awesome.
Bunting is awesome.
Cat is awesome.

the bashful owl said...

Beautiful Bunting! And who wouldn't want to do some dishes with those racy cloths?

rejenerate said...

Ah! I would be sooo excited to receive this in the post. And that's just for the wrapping alone let alone the divine contents ha ha

Seriously gorgeous Sara.

Kate said...

Oh and here I was wanting to gush about you and how amazing you are and those teatowels, oh those tea towels...wow! Amazing, amazing job. X ps almost forgot to gush about the mini bunting, love it!

Evie said...

wishing i was part of this swap after seeing all the lovely tea towels everyone has been making. your bunting is SO adorable! as is your kitty : )
great colours on the bunting, love the last pic xx

Cat said...

Those tea towles are fantastic! How exciting it is to wait for something other than a bill to come in the mail... Can't wait to see all the lovely towles you recieve.

Unknown said...

As you know, I've been so freakin' busy of late that I haven't had a chance to email you yet... I ADORE the tea towel you sent me. I refuse to use it for dishes. Instead, I have stuck it up on the door to my studio and whenever someone comes over I make them stop to look at it and tell them how fantastic I think it is and that you screen printed it for me. Everyone loves it. It has pride of place on my studio door. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! As for the Dolly CD, I haven't listened to it yet, but I will shortly. Not sure I'm looking forward to it, but I promise to listen to it at least once (maybe in FF mode). PS Love the bunting. I am holding onto that too!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails