Thursday 23 April 2009

tree change

I am very pleased to announce that for one whole week and I am fleeing this town and heading to the country for some serious fresh air.

It's not a sea change, as I already live by the ocean, but more of a tree change. I'll be swapping Moreton Bay Figs and telegraph poles for Olive trees, Cypress Pines and Eucalyptus.


It's harvest time at Eastridge Olive Grove and we have several tonnes of olives to pick and process for delicious olive oil!

It's a special time of year when close family and friends all stay at my parent's farm to help out with the harvesting. Tom is already there helping Dad & Mum with the pre-harvest activities and I am driving up tomorrow morning with the Cat.

Hopefully, the drive there will be stressfree, unlike last year when I managed to do this to Dad's Landrover...
It is a funny story in retrospect but at the time - rather bloody awful actually! Although I wasn't the one who had to run for several kilometres to get help...Thanks Bean!!


Here are a few shots from last years harvest. I'll be back in a week to take you through the whole process, from tree to kitchen shelf!





P.S Bean we will miss you so much this year. Go Team Slow!! Now with new improved slowness... Bring some European backpackers for next years harvest will you?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails